This page signposts to useful information covering the following areas:
Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
General safeguarding resources
Local safeguarding related support services and organisations
- PAPYRUS (external link) - A national charity dedicated to the prevention of young suicide
- Willow Project (external link) - Offering counselling and support to children and young people, aged 6-19 who are affected by emotional and mental health issues
- Young Minds (external link) - Young Minds provides guidance, information and support to young people, parents, carers and professionals, on mental health-related issues
- Winston’s Wish (external link) - Winston’s Wish supports bereaved children, their families and the professionals who support them.
- Be Internet Legends (external link) - Google’s Be Internet Legends empowers younger children to use the web safely and wisely
- CEOP (external link) - A law enforcement agency tasked with bringing online child sex offenders, including those involved in the production, distribution and viewing of child abuse material, to the UK courts
- Department of Education Guidance on Cyberbullying (external link) - Advice for headteachers and school staff
- Internet Matters - British Telecom backed internet safety resource aimed at parents to help keep their children safe online
- Internet Watch Foundation - The IWF’s remit is to remove Child sexual abuse content hosted anywhere in the world and Non-photographic child sexual abuse images hosted in the UK with the aim of eliminating child sexual abuse imagery online
- Net Aware (external link) - An online guide aimed at parents to help them keep up to date with the latest from the online world of apps, games, social networks and online media
- Parent Zone (external link) - Experts in digital family life providing support and information to parents, children, schools governments and businesses, working globally to help families navigate the internet safely and confidently by studying and address the impact of emerging technologies on young people
- SWGfl (external link) - SWGfl are a charity dedicated to empowering the safe and secure use of technology through innovative services, tools, content and policy, nationally and globally
- Think u know (external link) - Providing support and education for young people, parents, carers and professionals to raise awareness of online child exploitation and abuse and help protect children both online and offline
- UK Safer Internet Centre - Find online safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe online.
National safeguarding related support organisations
- Action for Children (external link) - Providing help, support and services to children, parents and carers across the UK on a number of child-related issues
- Anti-Bullying Alliance (external link) - The Anti-Bullying Alliance is a coalition of organisations and individuals that are united against bullying.
- Barnardo’s (external link) - Helping hundreds of thousands of children, young people, parents and carers via 1000+ services across the UK
- Bullying UK (external link) - Provides advice and support to professionals and the public.
- Childline (external link) - Provides help, support, guidance and information on child safeguarding and child protection related issues
- Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) (external link) - Information and guidance, including how the DBS help to prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children
- Early Intervention Foundation (external link) - Champion and support the use of effective early intervention to improve the lives of children and young people at risk of experiencing poor outcomes
- Gambling support (external link) - Support and counselling for people and families affected by problem gambling
- Missing people (external link) - SafeCall is a scheduled telephone call to children who are referred to us by professionals working with them. They will be offered a non-judgemental, safe space to talk about their experiences in confidence
- NSPCC (external link) - Aimed at parents and professionals, this online portal contains NSPCC research, information, guidance, training and tools to help keep children safe
- Sport England’s safeguarding resources information (external link)
- Sutton Trust/Education Endowment Foundation (external link) - Raising the attainment of 3-18 year olds, particularly those facing disadvantage.