Professional Curiosity, Critical Thinking and Challenge
Ensuring that we check out everything we are told with;
- the children
- the network
- partner agencies.
So that we can successfully engage those who may be reluctant to work with services.
Impact and Analysis
Ensuring that we are making the links between the history of the child, the current situation and asking:
- what does this mean for the future?
- How likely is change (and sustained change)?
- What has been the impact of this child’s situation?
- Always answering the "So What?" question in our analysis.
Ensuring that we are specific about who will do what and by which date. Asking what does support, or direct work, or family work, look like? And ensuring that full descriptions are recorded.
The plan will be used as a tool by which to measure progress, asking and answering questions such as:
- What has been done?
- What difference has it made?
- How do we know this?
- If there has not been an impact, do we need to do something differently? If so, change the plan and record the reasons.
Voice of the Child
Ensuring that the lived experience of the child is paramount in all our work and is recorded in all records and that the feelings and wishes of children are acknowledged and acted upon.
All children regardless of age or ability have the right to have their experience listened to and acted upon.