Report it children

If in doubt, speak out.

I’m being abused/I'm worried about my safety

  • Tell someone what’s happening. Choose a time and place that you can’t be overheard and where you feel safe. This can be a teacher, friend, older sibling, relative, or parent – whoever you feel comfortable talking to.
  • If you don’t feel there is anyone you can tell there are a number of support agencies who can help you. Childline offer a free 24 hour helpline (0800 1111) who will listen to you and let you know who can help or you can call the councils Children's Duty Team on 01942 828300.
  • If you feel you or anyone else is in immediate harm or in need of emergency medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Only do this if it is a genuine emergency.

Someone has acted inappropriately online

If someone acts inappropriately (in a way that you don't like or that scares you) when you are online you must report it. It may be sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or someone who keeps on asking to meet up with you.

Getting advice

Call Childline on 0800 1111 or visit the Childline website (external link) for advice on how to deal with:

  • Bullying
  • Running away
  • Online safety
  • Abuse and safety
  • Stress and anxiety, including exam stress
  • And many other topics

There’s also videos, games and chat to help support you through tough times. You can also get involved and sign up to the site to provide feedback, advice and support for others.

They also have a useful section for advice about helping a friend (external link).